- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- We Are Not Afraid: Music legends unite to help raise funds for the refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
- AV Club calls Night Flight “A pop culture fever dream, a sensory rush of synthesizer melodies, solarized video, and severe haircuts”
- Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
All posts tagged "Van Halen"
“Radio 1990: Van Halen”: A closer look at the band’s videos & an interview with “Rock’s court jester,” David Lee Roth
In this classic episode of “Radio 1990” — originally airing on July 10, 1985, and now streaming on Night Flight Plus — Kathryn Kinley (read more about her here) introduces several of Van Halen’s and David Lee...
- Posted August 6, 2016
“The US Festival ’83″: New wave and heavy metal bands battled for supremacy in the “Super Bowl of Rock Parties”
The US Festival 1983 Days 1-3 contains just a small handful of the highlights of just a few of the bands who performed on Memorial Day Weekend in 1983, one of the largest rock festivals to date,...
- Posted April 26, 2016
‘Tis the season: Wistfully wincing at Angel’s simplistic and insipid “Winter Song”
Each year, as the weather here in Southern California finally begins to get cold enough that I will at least consider wearing a jacket in the cool mornings and evenings, I inevitably begin to hear winter solstice-y...
- Posted December 11, 2015
Happy Birthday, Diamond Dave: Night Flight looks back at David Lee Roth’s 1985 interview
The highly anticipated book Van Halen Rising officially hits the shelves this week and the band have just wrapped up their three-month long North American tour with two blistering performances at the Hollywood Bowl. Since the legendary...
- Posted October 10, 2015
Van Halen’s Parody Of Labelmate Nicolette Larson: “It’s Gonna Take A Lot Of Drugs”
On Greg Renoff’s new Van Halen blog, Van Halen Rising: How A Southern California Backyard Party Band Saved Heavy Metal, there’s a fun little anecdote from producer Ted Templeman and engineer Donn Landee, who explain the origins...
- Posted April 22, 2015