- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "Van Halen"
“Radio 1990: Van Halen”: A closer look at the band’s videos & an interview with “Rock’s court jester,” David Lee Roth
In this classic episode of “Radio 1990” — originally airing on July 10, 1985, and now streaming on Night Flight Plus — Kathryn Kinley (read more about her here) introduces several of Van Halen’s and David Lee...
- Posted August 6, 2016
“The US Festival ’83″: New wave and heavy metal bands battled for supremacy in the “Super Bowl of Rock Parties”
The US Festival 1983 Days 1-3 contains just a small handful of the highlights of just a few of the bands who performed on Memorial Day Weekend in 1983, one of the largest rock festivals to date,...
- Posted April 26, 2016
‘Tis the season: Wistfully wincing at Angel’s simplistic and insipid “Winter Song”
Each year, as the weather here in Southern California finally begins to get cold enough that I will at least consider wearing a jacket in the cool mornings and evenings, I inevitably begin to hear winter solstice-y...
- Posted December 11, 2015
Happy Birthday, Diamond Dave: Night Flight looks back at David Lee Roth’s 1985 interview
The highly anticipated book Van Halen Rising officially hits the shelves this week and the band have just wrapped up their three-month long North American tour with two blistering performances at the Hollywood Bowl. Since the legendary...
- Posted October 10, 2015
Van Halen’s Parody Of Labelmate Nicolette Larson: “It’s Gonna Take A Lot Of Drugs”
On Greg Renoff’s new Van Halen blog, Van Halen Rising: How A Southern California Backyard Party Band Saved Heavy Metal, there’s a fun little anecdote from producer Ted Templeman and engineer Donn Landee, who explain the origins...
- Posted April 22, 2015