- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- We Are Not Afraid: Music legends unite to help raise funds for the refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
- AV Club calls Night Flight “A pop culture fever dream, a sensory rush of synthesizer melodies, solarized video, and severe haircuts”
- Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
All posts tagged "teensploitation"
“The Beatniks”: Hollywood hoodlums on a rock ‘n’ roll rampage that has absolutely nothing to do with beatniks
The Beatniks — now streaming on our Night Flight Plus channel — was the only film written and directed by voiceover king Paul Frees, the “Man of a Thousand Voices,” but many b-movie cinephiles only know the...
- Posted October 25, 2016
“Pinball Summer”: the late 70s movie that makes you wish summer would last forever
In 1983, just a few years after the 1979 Canadian-made coming-of-age T&A-fest Pinball Summer was first screened theatrically in its own country, Film Ventures International re-titled and distributed the film in the U.S. as Pick-Up Summer, after...
- Posted September 10, 2016
Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
Night Flight are excited to announce our new collection of classic cult, horror and exploitation movies on Night Flight Plus, culled from the legendary Something Weird library! Something Weird Video was founded by the late great Mike...
- Posted September 8, 2016
“Malamondo”: An elegant look at early-Sixties’ teenage angst and “way out youth,” Euro-style
The semi-obscure 1964 exploitation documentary Malamondo — included in Night Flight’s “Something Weird” collection, now streaming on Night Flight Plus — took two years to film, and focused on young Europeans, showing them having fun and hanging...
- Posted September 5, 2016
“Musical Mutiny”: Barry Mahon’s 1970 teensploitation film was lensed at the long-gone Pirates World
Musical Mutiny — included in Night Flight’s “Something Weird” collection, streaming on Night Flight Plus — is a combination outdoor rock concert and loosely-plotted teensploitation curiosity released to theaters in 1970. It was directed by the legendary...
- Posted September 2, 2016
“The Pom Pom Girls”: How a plotless 1976 teensploitation flick led to the rise of the slasher film
If you’ve seen the 1976 teensploitation flick The Pom Pom Girls, you know that the proclamation in the trailer that it’s “the craziest motion picture you’ve ever seen” is just plain silly, as it’s certainly not the...
- Posted March 26, 2016