- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- We Are Not Afraid: Music legends unite to help raise funds for the refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
- AV Club calls Night Flight “A pop culture fever dream, a sensory rush of synthesizer melodies, solarized video, and severe haircuts”
- Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
All posts tagged "stand up"
Night Flight’s 6th Anniversary Special was hosted by “Love Goddess” Judy Tenuta, Aphrodite of the Accordion
On Friday, June 5, 1987, the USA Network aired “Night Flight’s Sixth Anniversary Special: The Greatest Moments in ‘Night Flight’ History,” a special clip show hosted by offbeat stand-up comedian and actress Judy Tenuta. Watch it now...
- Posted February 20, 2017
“Take Off to Comedy IX”: Jackie Mason’s colossal Broadway hit, “The Word According to Me!”
Jackie Mason has probably enjoyed more success on Broadway than any other stand-up comedian, and today he is still known for his many popular one-man shows, including his colossal hit The World According to Me!, which was...
- Posted January 6, 2017
“Comedy Cuts”: Night Flight remembers pioneering comedian Adrianne Tolsch
Adrianne Tolsch, who succumbed to esophageal cancer on December 7, 2016, was a frequent presence on the “Comedy Cuts” segments of “Night Flight.” Many viewers laughing at home may have not been aware of the strides she...
- Posted January 5, 2017
“Comedy Cuts 3″: In 1987, Canadian “national treasure” Lorne Elliott performed his crazy “Elvis with No Nose”
Our Comedy Cuts section on Night Flight Plus features performances by a wide variety of stand-up comedians who were filmed at various New York-area comedy clubs and then showcased occasionally on our 1980s-era “Night Flight” episodes. Sometimes...
- Posted October 6, 2016
“Comedy Cuts” x 2: The intertwined careers of two of comedy’s funniest female stand-up comics, Joy Behar & Rosie O’Donnell
In the summer of 1986 and again in ’87, two of comedy’s funniest female stand-up comics — Joy Behar and Rosie O’Donnell — both made short appearances on “Night Flight”‘s “Comedy Cuts.” You can watch both of...
- Posted August 11, 2016
“The Heavyweights of Comedy”: These 1988 stand-up performances showed us “fat is where it’s at!”
In 1988, eight overweight stand-up “heavyweights” were filmed at the Minetta Lane Theatre in Greenwich Village, New York for an evening billed as “The Heavyweights of Comedy.” Night Flight’s founder/creator Stuart Shapiro was the director of the...
- Posted June 23, 2016
Richard Lewis in “Magical Misery Tour”: The Prince of Pain’s late 1996 HBO stand-up special
Late in 1996, angst-ridden stand-up comedian and actor Richard Lewis took the stage at the Bottom Line in New York City’s Greenwich Village to tape his latest stand-up special, Magical Misery Tour, during which he brought a...
- Posted April 28, 2016
“The Real Andy Kaufman” is not in any mood to fool around in this unique documentary
The Real Andy Kaufman — directed by his friend, comedy club owner and hopeful filmmaker Seth Schultz — may be one of the only ways we can see the real Kaufman, at least the way he appeared...
- Posted April 23, 2016