- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
All posts tagged "Ronald Reagan"
In 1982, the hilarious documentary “The Atomic Café” reminded us that the threat of nuclear war was no joke
Released into theaters in 1982, at the peak of the so-called “No Nukes” era, a hilarious and satirical documentary called The Atomic Café — which aired frequently on “Night Flight,” and even inspired our occasional “Atomic TV”...
- Posted April 19, 2017
“This Is Not America”: David Bowie’s somber Reagan-era movie theme was one of the greatest protest songs ever
“A little piece of you, the little peace in me…will die…” sings David Bowie in “This Is Not America,” the theme song for John Schlesinger’s 1985 Cold War spy film The Falcon and the Snowman. The video...
- Posted January 30, 2017
“What Were They Thinking??”: Two heroic American icons in “some very bad films with planes in them”
What Were They Thinking?? collects three short aviation-themed public domain films which we’ll admit isn’t the typical kind of selection you’ll find among our current collection of genre movies and music documentaries over on our Night Flight...
- Posted August 16, 2016
A Brown Reason To Read: An exclusive excerpt from James Burns’s new book on the Butthole Surfers
The always outrageously controversial and provocative Butthole Surfers (who came along sometime in 1982) could be described as the very spearpoint of what came to be called “alternative rock” in the early 90s, but a more accurate...
- Posted February 26, 2016
“The Reagans Speak Out On Drugs”: Cliff Roth’s Irreverent 1988 Short Film
“From the early days of our administration, Nancy has been using marijuana on a daily basis, and her personal observations and efforts have given her such dramatic insights, that I wanted her to share them with you...
- Posted April 10, 2015