- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
All posts tagged "Roger Corman"
Jack Hill’s “Pit Stop”: A mean little movie with go-go bars, fast cars & electric guitars
Exploitation master Jack Hill directed movies in nearly every genre, from horror to comedy. Pit Stop — now streaming on Night Flight Plus as part of our Arrow Videos collection — is not only one of his...
- Posted April 17, 2017
“Chopping Mall”: The 1986 sci-fi/comedy/horror film about killer robots on the loose with must-see SFX
Robots designed to help, but actually ruining human lives, have been science fiction fodder since the 1920s. Chopping Mall — a sci-fi/comedy/horror film from 1986 — both embraces and exploits the fear we humans have of murderous...
- Posted February 4, 2016
Remembering Haskell Wexler: The celebrated filmmaker used his art for peace and love
We learned yesterday that the celebrated cameraman, cinematographer and director Haskell Wexler died on Sunday, December 27, 2015, age 93. The sad news was passed along by his son Jeff, posting on his father’s website, who added...
- Posted December 29, 2015
Rock Stories: Chris Morris sez, “With ‘extra’ credit, I graduated from the Ramones’ Rock ‘n’ Roll High School”
“Pay five bucks and be in a movie starring the Ramones? Hell, yeah!” And so it was, 37 years ago this month, that I made my first appearance before the cameras, as an extra in the concert...
- Posted December 22, 2015
“Battle Beyond The Sun”: Francis Ford Coppola’s first director credit was actually for this rejiggered Russian space-opera
In the early sixties, independent film producer Roger Corman acquired the distribution rights to a sophisticated and somewhat controversial Russian space opera, 1959’s Nebo Zovyot (translated into English as: The Heavens Call), and then hired a young...
- Posted October 26, 2015
“Traci Lords is Not Of This Earth”: Nurse Nadine was her first mainstream role
Not of This Earth is a colorful 1988 campy/trashy remake of Roger Corman’s black-and-white 1957 sci-fi vampire movie with the same name, and we have to admit it’s rather unremarkable, really, except for the fact that it...
- Posted August 22, 2015