- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "robots"
“Bubblegum Crisis”: This late 80s anime series was influenced by “Blade Runner” and other NF faves
Over on our Night Flight Plus channel, we now have an 80s Anime category, where you can watch all eight episodes of Bubblegum Crisis, an original video animation (OVA) that was initially produced for the straight-to-video market...
- Posted February 24, 2017
“Chopping Mall”: The 1986 sci-fi/comedy/horror film about killer robots on the loose with must-see SFX
Robots designed to help, but actually ruining human lives, have been science fiction fodder since the 1920s. Chopping Mall — a sci-fi/comedy/horror film from 1986 — both embraces and exploits the fear we humans have of murderous...
- Posted February 4, 2016
Here’s Kraftwerk’s “The Robots” performed by German elementary school kids wearing handmade cardboard robot outfits
Last year, an elementary school teacher named Lars Reimer dressed up his students at Lemmchen Grundschule in their own handmade robot outfits and taught them to sing and perform Kraftwerk’s classic 1978 hit “The Robots” (“Die Roboter”),...
- Posted January 23, 2016
“Demon Seed”: The 1977 Donald Cammell film predicted how supercomputers and robots really want to screw us
Demon Seed — which puts a uniquely futuristic sci-fi spin on the horror sub-genre of haunted house movies — was so ahead of its time when it was released to theaters in 1977, that watching it today,...
- Posted October 23, 2015
“That’s Life!”: A robotic dancing contest on the BBC in 1983
In 1983, there was a magazine-style television series on the BBC, called “That’s Life!,” were viewers tuning in on Sunday evenings would be able to see hard-hitting investigative journalism, occasional comedic satire and light entertainment, like this...
- Posted September 17, 2015
HBO’s “Westworld”: “A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin.”
HBO recently announced that their long-awaited series “Westworld,” which was originally supposed to premiere in 2015, will instead premiere on October 2, 2016, 9pm (ET/PT). The series is an adaptation of the 1973 Michael Crichton movie Westworld,...
- Posted August 10, 2015
Protesters Warn SXSW Attendees: “I Say Robot, You Say No-Bot!”
On Saturday, March 14th, about two dozen protesters, most of them tech-savvy UT students wearing blue T-shirts and carrying homemade signs, crowded around the entrance to the Residence Inn and the Austin Downtown/Convention Center, on Fourth Street...
- Posted March 16, 2015