- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "Robert Mugge"
Televising The Revolution: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “Black Wax” with Gil Scott-Heron
Filmmaker Robert Mugge gave Night Flight this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of his 1982 film Black Wax, which centers on the late African American poet-singer-songwriter Gil Scott-Heron — the man Melody Maker called “the most...
- Posted November 30, 2016
Katrina Diaspora: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “New Orleans Music in Exile”
Filmmaker Robert Mugge gave Night Flight this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of his film 2006 music documentary New Orleans Music in Exile, which examines what Hurricane Katrina and breached levees did to the city’s music...
- Posted November 19, 2016
Subway Blues: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “Last of the Mississippi Jukes”
Filmmaker Robert Mugge gave Night Flight this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of his film 2003 music documentary Last of the Mississippi Jukes, which explores the fading traditions of rural Mississippi juke joints. Watch it now...
- Posted November 1, 2016
A Latin Translation: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “The Return of Rubén Blades”
Robert Mugge gave Night Flight this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of his film, The Return of Rubén Blades, his portrait of actor, writer, attorney, activist, and Grammy Award winning world music artist Rubén Blades. Watch...
- Posted September 16, 2016
Keys To The Kingdom: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “The Kingdom of Zydeco”
Robert Mugge’s The Kingdom of Zydeco is a classic film about the Golden Era of Southwest Louisiana’s Creole music scene and looks back at the black Creole music scene of Southwest Louisiana and at attempts, in the...
- Posted July 1, 2016
Alligator Tales: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “Pride and Joy: The Story of Alligator Records”
In 1992, filmmaker Robert Mugge followed up up his film Deep Blues — about the blues traditions of Mississippi — with a tribute to Alligator and its roster of top contemporary blues artists from Chicago and elsewhere....
- Posted June 29, 2016
Filmmaker Robert Mugge gives Night Flight an exclusive look at his documentary “Sun Ra: A Joyful Noise”
Filmmaker Robert Mugge’s Sun Ra: A Joyful Noise shows jazz great Sun Ra and his band performing in Philadelphia, at Danny’s Hollywood Palace, on the rooftop of the Philadelphia International Center, and in the Famous Ballroom, now...
- Posted April 8, 2016