- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "Ralph Bakshi"
“All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
All Dolled Up: A New York Dolls Story features amazing, rare live clips and revealing interviews that were filmed by acclaimed New York-based photographer Bob Gruen and Nadya Beck in the heady days of the band’s ascension...
- Posted February 10, 2017
“Rock & Rule”: The oft-forgotten animated post-apocalyptic rock ‘n’ roll sci-fi fantasy mutant musical
With the recent passing of Maurice White — the founder and leader of Earth, Wind & Fire died last week, on Wednesday, February 3, 2016, at the age of 74 — we were reminded of his group’s...
- Posted February 12, 2016
Ralph Bakshi’s “Last Days of Coney Island” to premiere online on October 29th
Ralph Bakshi’s Last Days of Coney Island — “an animated cop, mafia, horror movie set in the 1960s in Coney Island, with political overtones both realistic and outrageous” – will premiere exclusively via Vimeo on Demand on...
- Posted October 17, 2015
Saturday-Morning Revolution: When Ralph Bakshi met Mighty Mouse
On Sept. 19, 1987, CBS-TV unleashed a new Saturday morning animated show on unsuspecting moppets and their undoubtedly boggled and probably delighted parents: A fresh rendering of the old Terrytoons cartoon superhero Mighty Mouse, directed by the...
- Posted September 30, 2015
Rogue Animator: An In-Person Tribute to Ralph Bakshi
Tonight, and tomorrow night, March 27-28, rogue animator/artist/writer/director/producer Ralph Bakshi will be appearing at the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica, California, presented by the American Cinemateque in conjunction with the USC School of Cinema Arts, the International...
- Posted March 27, 2015