- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
All posts tagged "Politics"
Men at Work’s ominous “It’s A Mistake” warned of an accidental nuclear war in 1983
In this episode of Night Flight’s “Take Off to Politics” — which originally aired on September 9, 1983 — viewers were taken on a tour of rock music’s political points-of-view, beginning with the 1960s and then fast-forwarding...
- Posted April 26, 2017
“White House Madness”: Mark L. Lester’s offensive mid-70s satire parodied President Nixon’s paranoia
Steve Friedman stars as President Richard M. Nixon in White House Madness, a post-Watergate political satire produced and directed by Mark L. Lester, now available to watch on our Night Flight Plus channel. Lester — who after...
- Posted April 4, 2017
“North Korea: Life Inside the Secret State” shows why North Korea is eerily reminiscent of Orwell’s “1984”
The country of North Korea is in the news on a daily basis these days, and so we thought we’d direct your attention to James Jones’s fascinating 2013 documentary North Korea: Life Inside the Secret State, which...
- Posted February 16, 2017
Golden Earring’s “When the Lady Smiles”: The controversial 2008 Hillary Clinton campaign rally song
Night Flight’s “Take Off to European Rock” — which originally aired on April 14, 1984, and is now streaming on Night Flight Plus — features the uncensored version of Golden Earring’s “When the Lady Smiles,” which also...
- Posted August 8, 2016
“The whole world is watching”: Turning points in the ’68 Democratic Convention and the trial of the Chicago Eight
Night Flight contributor Pat Thomas remembers the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago — which in some ways resembles much of what seems to be happening during this hot summer of 2016 — and takes a look at...
- Posted July 28, 2016
“Positive Force: More Than a Witness”: Robin Bell’s documentary on “30 years of punk politics in action”
Positive Force: More Than a Witness, award-winning videographer Robin Bell’s 2014 documentary on “thirty years of punk politics in action” — now streaming on Night Flight Plus — tells the story of the Washington DC-based punk activist...
- Posted May 18, 2016
People for the American Way thank the participants of their “Democracy For All” video challenge
Night Flight recently participated in the Democracy For All Video Challenge, which inspired people across the country to use their creativity to send a message to members of Congress: it’s time for a democracy that works for...
- Posted May 5, 2016