- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- We Are Not Afraid: Music legends unite to help raise funds for the refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
- AV Club calls Night Flight “A pop culture fever dream, a sensory rush of synthesizer melodies, solarized video, and severe haircuts”
- Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
All posts tagged "NYC"
“All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
All Dolled Up: A New York Dolls Story features amazing, rare live clips and revealing interviews that were filmed by acclaimed New York-based photographer Bob Gruen and Nadya Beck in the heady days of the band’s ascension...
- Posted February 10, 2017
Night Flight’s “Take Off to Women in Rock” in 1984 featured Blondie’s “X Offender” video
Blondie’s video for “X Offender” — included in our popular “Take Off to Women in Rock” episode, which originally aired on August 16, 1984 — is curiously credited onscreen by the song’s original title, “Sex Offender.” It...
- Posted January 31, 2017
“Sad Vacation: The Last Days of Sid and Nancy”: Romeo & Juliet in black leather, roaring into hell
Spanish director Danny Garcia’s Sad Vacation: The Last Days Of Sid and Nancy is a 2016 documentary film about the “tumultuous and stormy” relationship between the Sex Pistols’ bassist Sid Vicious and his girlfriend Nancy Spungen, which...
- Posted January 19, 2017
“Heart of a Dog”: Laurie Anderson’s 2015 cinematic tone poem ponders life and death
Night Flight fave Laurie Anderson‘s 2015 cinematic tone poem Heart of a Dog — produced, in part, by HBO, who occasionally air it now as part of their HBO Documentary Films series, usually in the wee hours...
- Posted January 16, 2017
“Take Off to Street Music”: Run-D.M.C.’s “Rock Box” video rocked from the floor up to the ceiling
Night Flight’s “Take Off to Street Music” — which originally aired on May 14, 1985 — featured the music video for Run–D.M.C.’s “Rock Box,” one of the first recorded fusions of rap and rock (although the Treacherous...
- Posted January 11, 2017
In 1979, Suzan Pitt’s surrealistic, sexually-charged “Asparagus” was paired with “Eraserhead” for a midnight movie double-bill
In 1979, independent filmmaker and artist Suzan Pitt’s surrealistic, sexually-charged short film Asparagus was paired with David Lynch’s Eraserhead — a Night Flight fave — for a midnight movie double-bill that ended up screening for the next...
- Posted December 6, 2016
“New Sounds” in ’86: NYC artist Robert Longo directed the Golden Palominos’ “Boy (Go)” video, featuring Michael Stipe
In this episode of “Night Flight”‘s “New Sounds” — which originally aired on April 4, 1986 — we took a look at some of the then-current cutting edge music videos by the Violent Femmes, Public Image Ltd....
- Posted November 29, 2016
“Punk Revolution NYC: The Velvet Underground, The New York Dolls And The CBGBs Set”
The epic Punk Revolution NYC: The Velvet Underground, The New York Dolls And The CBGBs Set — a three-hour documentary on the history of New York City’s punk rock movement, now streaming on our Night Flight Plus...
- Posted November 3, 2016