- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
All posts tagged "nudity"
“Bizarre”: Showtime’s 1980s variety show featured Super Dave stunts & bare-breasted babes
In 1980, the Showtime cable network began airing a groundbreaking off-center comedy variety show called “Bizarre,” which featured lots of unpardonable puns in comedic vignettes and blackout sketches lampooning various aspects of every day life. The “uncensored”...
- Posted April 12, 2017
“Hot Rocks”: Berlin’s “Sex (I’m A…)” and other techno-sleaze glamour rock hits
On Friday, July 15, 1983, part of the “Night Flight” programming for the evening included the premiere episode of the Playboy Channel’s “Hot Rocks,” a new music video show that featured music videos showcasing partial or full-frontal...
- Posted January 20, 2017
“Flesh for Frankenstein”: Paul Morrissey spiced up this tale of horror with incest, nymphomania and necrophilia
Night Flight’s “Take Off to Rock and Cult Films” — which originally aired on March 25, 1985, and you can now find streaming exclusively on Night Flight Plus — featured a quick peek at a handful of...
- Posted January 17, 2017
“It Happened at Nightmare Inn”: A macabre, slightly NSFW Euro-horror film from the Spanish director of “Horror Express”
It Happened at Nightmare Inn — originally released as Una vela para el diablo (A Candle for the Devil) — is one of our more macabre, slightly NSFW Euro-horror selections available for streaming over on Night Flight...
- Posted October 24, 2016
“Frankenstein ’80″: More gore than ever before… in a fear-filled flesh-rending freakout!
Mario Mancini’s Frankenstein ’80 — a lurid killer-on-the-loose saga dressed up as an sexploitational Italian horror film with lots of gratuitous nudity and plenty o’ slasher-style blood ‘n’ gore — is one of the many titles we’re...
- Posted October 20, 2016
“Hideout in the Sun”: Queen of Sexploitation Doris Wishman’s colorful crime drama debut (filmed in Nuderama!)
July features both “National Nude Day” and “National Nude Recreation Week,” so we thought it’d be a good opportunity to share with you director Doris Wishman’s very first movie, Hideout in the Sun (1960), a crime drama which...
- Posted July 15, 2016
Dirty Mind: Celebrating the Weird World of Blowfly and the late Clarence Reid
If American music ever had a real life Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, it was Clarence Reid, the R&B genius who created some of the coolest grooves of the disco era and the craziest and most lascivious...
- Posted January 18, 2016
“The Beyond” at Beyond Fest: “Off-kilter discoveries that are by turns demented, badass and always provocative”
The program notes for L.A.’s Beyond Fest — the highest-attended genre film festival in the U.S., showing contemporary horror, sci-fi, crime, and action films — describe it best: “Diabolic possession, giant yellow alien octopi, cannibalistic tribes of...
- Posted October 4, 2015