- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- We Are Not Afraid: Music legends unite to help raise funds for the refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
- AV Club calls Night Flight “A pop culture fever dream, a sensory rush of synthesizer melodies, solarized video, and severe haircuts”
- Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
All posts tagged "New Wave Theatre"
The BEST of Christmas TV: A 30-year look at the absurd world of holiday broadcasting gone wrong, really wrong
You will probably not be asking yourself “Why, oh, why must Christmas come but once a year?” after viewing this destined-to-be-viral-video montage of Christmas TV gone horribly wrong. Thirty years in the making (1959-’89), this perverse assortment...
- Posted December 22, 2016
“New York’s Alright If You Like Saxophones”: L.A. punk band Fear on “SNL” in ’81 & “New Wave Theatre” in ’82
In this 1982 episode of “New Wave Theatre“ — watch it in its entirety now on Night Flight Plus — Lee Ving and his band Fear slam their way through “New York’s Alright If You Like Saxophones,”...
- Posted October 5, 2016
Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
The recently-published Under The Big Black Sun: A Personal History of L.A. Punk (Da Capo Press) — written by longtime friends John Doe (co-founder of the seminal L.A. punk band, X) and Tom DeSavia (Head of Creative...
- Posted May 3, 2016
“New Wave Theatre” returns to Night Flight: The early ’80s cable TV show focused on L.A. punk, hardcore, and art rock bands
Now, on our new Night Flight Plus channel, we’re offering up a “Best of New Wave Theatre” show that was previously released on VHS in two volumes by Rhino Video. This is the very same show, hand-picked...
- Posted April 13, 2016
National Lampoon co-founder Doug Kenney and New Wave Theatre’s Peter Ivers: Exclusive excerpts from In Heaven, Everything Is Fine
This week we’ll be featuring a series of posts in our Night Flight tribute to the National Lampoon, called “the national source for smart, raw, taboo-smashing satire, and the national home for brilliant misfits to convert their...
- Posted September 21, 2015
VH1 calls Night Flight “The single greatest rock omnibus program ever aired”
A few months ago, Dangerous Minds gave us a nice bit of press, just before we launched the very blog you’re looking at now, and yesterday we were mentioned in this VH1 post — “10 Greatest Hard...
- Posted August 15, 2015
45 Grave on “New Wave Theatre”: Happy birthday today to Don Bolles!
On the occasion of Don Bolles’s birthday, we’re sharing this performance of his band 45 Grave doing their song “Black Cross” on “New Wave Theater” back in the 80s. Bolles, a member of at least two legendary...
- Posted July 30, 2015
Introducing Night Flight TV
Welcome to the next phase of Night Flight: Night Flight TV. With the launch of Nightflight.com 6 short weeks ago, we reintroduced the curatorial arm of Night Flight for the digital generation. We wanted to infuse the Night...
- Posted June 19, 2015