- “Tunnel Vision” Redux: Did a Kremlin-backed Russian TV network hack into C-SPAN?
- “Tell them they can laugh at me”: Remembering the humorous side of David Bowie
- Katrina Diaspora: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “New Orleans Music in Exile”
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Subway Blues: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “Last of the Mississippi Jukes”
- Night Flight’s World Music Library: Featuring eight music docs by Moroccan-born producer/director Izza Génini
- Night Flight’s Stuart Samuels tells us about co-producing “The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years”
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts tagged "mock dubbing"
“Hot Shorts”: Nine wacky send-ups of Saturday matinee serials by the Firesign Theatre!
In April 1985, RCA Video Productions released a VHS tape collecting each of the very funny nine “Hot Shorts,” produced just a few years earlier by Phil Austin, Phil Proctor and Peter Bergman of the Firesign Theatre,...
- Posted January 9, 2017
“Not Necessarily The News”: HBO’s ’80s news satire paved the way for “The Daily Show” & other TV parodies
Years before Comedy Central’s beloved “The Daily Show“ premiered on July 22, 1996 — in the evening time slot previously occupied by Bill Maher’s “Politically Incorrect” (which had been snapped up by the ABC network), and originally...
- Posted January 2, 2017
Comedian Joel Hodgson shows us a great card trick: The “MST3K” creator returns soon with 14 new episodes of his popular TV series
In 1983, Joel Hodgson — introduced here by host John Candy as a “comic, magician, spy” — was featured performer on HBO’s “The Eighth Annual Young Comedians Show,” where he performed one of our favorite card tricks...
- Posted December 14, 2015
“Destroy the mysteries and then go fight Chewbacca!”: A Bad Lip Reading of the Democratic candidates debate
The wonderfully clever folks (although it may be just one guy, who the hell knows?) behind the Bad Lip Reading Youtube page have just released their take on the first Democratic presidential debate of the 2016 election,...
- Posted October 29, 2015
“One Little Wee-Wee”: A Bad Lip Reading of the Republican candidates debate
You may have read that the first Republican Candidates debate was the most watched cable newscast of all-time. But how many of the millions of Americans who actually tuned in to Fox News that night truly heard...
- Posted August 19, 2015
“J-Men Forever”!: the Firesign Theatre’s Proctor & Bergman’s “rock’n roll’em high comedy”
“Far out, I’m the Lightning Bug, and my rock ‘n’ roll invasion of Earth is underway. Look at them, they’ll be rocked and rolled…they’ll all shake and dance… and now I must split to Earth in my...
- Posted July 2, 2015
“The Reagans Speak Out On Drugs”: Cliff Roth’s Irreverent 1988 Short Film
“From the early days of our administration, Nancy has been using marijuana on a daily basis, and her personal observations and efforts have given her such dramatic insights, that I wanted her to share them with you...
- Posted April 10, 2015