- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
All posts tagged "Michael Dare"
In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
We were astonished to find out recently that our contributor Michael Dare saw Prince performing at a live taping of TV’s “The Gong Show” in the summer of 1977, but the episode never aired and hasn’t even...
- Posted April 1, 2017
Back to The Source: Michael Dare remembers the only hip cult-based vegetarian restaurant on the Sunset Strip
The Source has been in the news a little bit lately, ever since director Todd Haynes told Indiewire he is “conceiving a limited series based on events that really occurred in the early ’70s in L.A. based...
- Posted January 29, 2016
“At Sunset” revisited: Remembering a private dinner at the underground after-hours club
We’ve posted about the early 80s underground nightclub next door to the Whisky on the Sunset Strip, called At Sunset, a few times before — check out this raw footage from inside the club, shot by Russell...
- Posted January 4, 2016
“Let’s do the ‘Time Warp’ again!”: HBO is showing “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” tonight
Tonight, September 26, 2015, the HBO cable network will be airing the 1975 film The Rocky Horror Picture Show, as well as streaming the musical comedy horror flick on its HBO Go and HBO Now platforms (it...
- Posted September 26, 2015
Flowcharts: Michael Dare’s lone contribution to National Lampoon, February 1991
Below, we have the tangled flowchart to stand-up comedy success that appeared in the February 1991 issue of National Lampoon, for their “The Humor Issue.” It created by Night Flight contributor Michael Dare, who says, “Though they’ve...
- Posted September 22, 2015
The Life and Death of Captain Preemo: Bob Woodward vs. John Belushi and Me
This week we’re remembering the enduring comic influence of the National Lampoon — on Friday, September 25th, Douglas Tirola’s new documentary Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story Of The National Lampoon will be released by Magnolia Pictures...
- Posted September 22, 2015
“Turkish Wizard of Oz”: Michael Dare tells us about the movie that changed his life
Michael Dare — who has previously shared with Night Flight a few of his fun memories, about the short-lived TV show “The Top” that starred his friend Andy Kaufman, and about the Firesign Theatre‘s early recordings, for...
- Posted August 11, 2015
Remembering the Firesign Theatre’s Phil Austin: regnaD kciN, gnol oS
Once again we need to pause here at Night Flight to remember someone influential and important in our lives, in this case Phil Austin, the co-founder of the Firesign Theatre comedy troupe, who died last week at...
- Posted June 25, 2015