- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
All posts tagged "Malcolm McLaren"
“Sad Vacation: The Last Days of Sid and Nancy”: Romeo & Juliet in black leather, roaring into hell
Spanish director Danny Garcia’s Sad Vacation: The Last Days Of Sid and Nancy is a 2016 documentary film about the “tumultuous and stormy” relationship between the Sex Pistols’ bassist Sid Vicious and his girlfriend Nancy Spungen, which...
- Posted January 19, 2017
Fashion and “Flesh For Fantasy”: Night Flight’s “Visions of Video Music and Fashion, Pt. 1″
“Ever since Elvis Presley sang about his ‘blue suede shoes’, rock music and fashion have been intrinsically linked,” says an offscreen announcer who seems to have a genuine gift for stating the obvious but he nevertheless sets...
- Posted April 19, 2016
“20 Years of Rock ‘n’ Roll Style: Punk Rock”: Malcolm McLaren and John Lydon chat with Night Flight in 1988
“Welcome to twenty years of rock n’ roll style, on Night Flight. Tonight, Punk Rock… the first movement to react against rock itself,” says Pat Prescott in her intro to “20 Years of Rock ‘n’ Roll Style:...
- Posted April 9, 2016
“Punish The Punks!”: The Sex Pistols’s Johnny Rotten on dealing with violence
On the anniversary of the October 27, 1977 release of the Sex Pistols’s Never Mind the Bollocks, Here’s the Sex Pistols, their only studio album (released on November 10, 1977 in the U.S.) we thought we’d share...
- Posted October 27, 2015
Malcolm McLaren reveals the secret to managing the Sex Pistols
In this exclusive interview with Night Flight in 1985, the late Malcolm McLaren talks about what it was like to manage the “chemistry experiment” that was the Sex Pistols. McLaren was known to have unorthodox ideas about the...
- Posted January 13, 2015