- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "Johnny Thunders"
“All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
All Dolled Up: A New York Dolls Story features amazing, rare live clips and revealing interviews that were filmed by acclaimed New York-based photographer Bob Gruen and Nadya Beck in the heady days of the band’s ascension...
- Posted February 10, 2017
“Looking for Johnny: The Legend of Johnny Thunders”: The cautionary rock ‘n’ roll fable of a New York Doll
Danny Garcia’s 2014 documentary Looking for Johnny: The Legend of Johnny Thunders — now streaming on our Night Flight Plus channel — chronicles the short, troubled life of the one-time New York Doll, who, after that band’s...
- Posted November 14, 2016
“Punks, Poets and Provocateurs, NYC Bad Boys 1977-1982″: Marcia Resnick at Howl!
In Ron Mann’s short film from 1985, “Marcia Resnick’s Bad Boys,” cultural heroes like Iggy Pop, John Belushi, John Lydon, Mick Jagger, Andy Warhol and many others are on display, and if you live in New York...
- Posted February 13, 2016