- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- “Salad Days”: Night Flight talks to filmmaker Scott Crawford about Washington D.C.’s ’80s punk scene
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts tagged "Japanese"
“Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
Dynaman is peak Night Flight with its blend of rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music. Night Flight Plus is currently streaming three episodes of the bonkers, re-dubbed parody of Kagaku Sentai...
- Posted March 4, 2017
“The Clone Returns Home”: A thoughtful, compelling meditation on life and death, and the meaning of love and family
Japanese filmmaker Kanji Nakajima’s heartbreaking 2008 sci-fi drama The Clone Returns Home is a thoughtful, compelling meditation on the paradox of life and death, and the meaning of love and family. It’s in Japanese, with English subtitles,...
- Posted March 3, 2017
“Bubblegum Crisis”: This late 80s anime series was influenced by “Blade Runner” and other NF faves
Over on our Night Flight Plus channel, we now have an 80s Anime category, where you can watch all eight episodes of Bubblegum Crisis, an original video animation (OVA) that was initially produced for the straight-to-video market...
- Posted February 24, 2017
“Revenge”: Tadashi Imai’s 1964 samurai epic is a tale of madness, honor and spilled blood
Director Tadashi Imai’s 1964 samurai epic Revenge (Adauchi) — which is currently streaming in our selection of Samurai movies over on Night Flight Plus — is a tale of madness and honor, telling a tale of how...
- Posted February 23, 2017
Samurai, cowboys, and gangsters: the hidden, violent movie history of Dashiell Hammett’s “Red Harvest”
Strange but true: Dashiell Hammett’s fantastic 1929 hardboiled novel Red Harvest has spawned no less than four movie adaptations — including two certified genre classics — but has never been credited on the screen as the original...
- Posted December 28, 2015
Orgasmic Achiever 2000: This ain’t no mechanical bull…
This one pretty much speaks for itself, really, and we don’t have much to add except we think this Orgasmic Achiever 2000 Infomercial dates back to the mid-90s. Oh, yeah, it’s probably NSFW.
- Posted August 27, 2015
“Branded To Kill” (“Koroshi No Rakuin”): Chris D. reviews a favorite Japanese yakuza film
Chris D. is the singer/songwriter of the bands The Flesh Eaters and Divine Horsemen. He is also an authority on Japanese film and the author of several books, so we asked him to tell us about one...
- Posted May 19, 2015