- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "Interview"
Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
$100 & a T-Shirt is a wonderful documentary about the world of self-published zines, focusing mostly on the Portland, Oregon area. It was directed by Joe Biel and first released on DVD in 2004, and you can...
- Posted April 7, 2017
Weng Weng and “The Impossible Kid”: The True Terror of Tiny Town
Night Flight contributor Andre Perkowski chats with filmmaker Andrew Leavold — the director of the documentary The Search for Weng Weng — who tells us about the 2-foot 9-inch star of The Impossible Kid, just one of...
- Posted March 31, 2017
“Salad Days”: Night Flight talks to filmmaker Scott Crawford about Washington D.C.’s ’80s punk scene
Night Flight recently talked with Scott Crawford, the director of Salad Days: A Decade Of Punk In Washington, DC (1980-90) — now streaming over on Night Flight Plus — which chronicles the story behind the 80s decade’s...
- Posted March 14, 2017
“Adjust Your Tracking: The Untold Story of the VHS Collector” dives deep into the subculture of all things VHS
Adjust Your Tracking: The Untold Story of the VHS Collector is a full-fledged, feature-length documentary by two first-time directors who traveled across America to dive deep down into the sub-culture of VHS tape collecting, which they refer...
- Posted March 6, 2017
Comedy Cuts: Meet Norman Gunston, Australian TV’s award-winning multi-media personality!!
In this truncated segment from an episode of “Night Flight” — it originally aired on February 26, 1988, and you can now find it streaming on Night Flight Plus — viewers got the chance to see Australian...
- Posted February 14, 2017
“All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
All Dolled Up: A New York Dolls Story features amazing, rare live clips and revealing interviews that were filmed by acclaimed New York-based photographer Bob Gruen and Nadya Beck in the heady days of the band’s ascension...
- Posted February 10, 2017
All our times have come: Night Flight’s 1983 interview with Blue Öyster Cult’s Allen Lanier and Joe Bouchard
In this full episode of “Night Flight” that we’ve added to Night Flight Plus, which originally aired on July 15, 1983, a lengthy interview with Blue Öyster Cult’s Allen Lanier and Joe Bouchard is broken up by...
- Posted January 3, 2017
“Night Flight Goes to the Movies”: Watch Master of the Macabre Brian De Palma’s video profile from 1988
In this special “Night Flight Goes to the Movies” video profile of film director Brian De Palma — which originally aired in 1988 — the filmmaker who gave us Dressed to Kill, Carrie, Phantom of the Paradise,...
- Posted November 11, 2016