- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- We Are Not Afraid: Music legends unite to help raise funds for the refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
- AV Club calls Night Flight “A pop culture fever dream, a sensory rush of synthesizer melodies, solarized video, and severe haircuts”
- Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
All posts tagged "Interview"
Comedy Cuts: Meet Norman Gunston, Australian TV’s award-winning multi-media personality!!
In this truncated segment from an episode of “Night Flight” — it originally aired on February 26, 1988, and you can now find it streaming on Night Flight Plus — viewers got the chance to see Australian...
- Posted February 14, 2017
“All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
All Dolled Up: A New York Dolls Story features amazing, rare live clips and revealing interviews that were filmed by acclaimed New York-based photographer Bob Gruen and Nadya Beck in the heady days of the band’s ascension...
- Posted February 10, 2017
All our times have come: Night Flight’s 1983 interview with Blue Öyster Cult’s Allen Lanier and Joe Bouchard
In this full episode of “Night Flight” that we’ve added to Night Flight Plus, which originally aired on July 15, 1983, a lengthy interview with Blue Öyster Cult’s Allen Lanier and Joe Bouchard is broken up by...
- Posted January 3, 2017
“Night Flight Goes to the Movies”: Watch Master of the Macabre Brian De Palma’s video profile from 1988
In this special “Night Flight Goes to the Movies” video profile of film director Brian De Palma — which originally aired in 1988 — the filmmaker who gave us Dressed to Kill, Carrie, Phantom of the Paradise,...
- Posted November 11, 2016
“The L.A. Metal Scene Explodes”: A new doc looks at L.A.’s metal club scene circa 1982-’86
Filmmaker Bob Nalbandian’s 2016 documentary Inside Metal: The L.A. Metal Scene Explodes — the second in the planned trilogy about the L.A. metal club scene, covering the period from 1982-1986 — picks up where the first in...
- Posted October 28, 2016
“Hit Parader’s Heavy Metal Meltdown”: This short-lived metal-themed magazine-style TV show aired on “Night Flight” in the late 80s
The late Eighties heavy metal-themed magazine-style TV show “Hit Parader’s Heavy Metal Meltdown“ — hosted by ebullient metalhead and future TV actor Erik Palladino — was a short-lived series that focused exclusively on metal bands in the...
- Posted October 22, 2016
Pat Prescott talks to Stuart Samuels about working as a co-producer on “The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years”
94.7 the Wave’s Morning Show host Pat Prescott — who many of you will remember as the voiceover announcer on our TV show “Night Flight” – recently talked with her former co-worker, Night Flight’s very own Stuart...
- Posted September 30, 2016
Night Flight’s 1987 R.E.M. video profile: Here’s the story behind “Radio Free Europe” and other early videos
“Night Flight”‘s video profile on R.E.M. — which originally aired on April 11, 1987, and is now streaming over on our Night Flight Plus channel — featured several of the band’s earliest videos while they were still...
- Posted September 14, 2016