- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
All posts tagged "Frank Zappa"
“The Point!,” Harry Nilsson’s fable about overcoming intolerance and bigotry, began with an acid trip in Laurel Canyon
Harry Nilsson‘s The Point! – the definitive collector’s edition is now streaming on Night Flight Plus — began with an acid trip high up in the Hollywood Hills. At the beginning of the 1970s, Harry Nilsson —...
- Posted June 14, 2016
Frank Zappa’s animated opinion-filled 1971 interview with legendary Village Voice “Scenes” columnist Howard Smith
Blank on Blank/PBS Digital Studios have just released their latest flash-animated cartoon, this one excerpted from a taped conversation — recorded 45 years ago, on June 6th, 1971 — between legendary Village Voice writer Howard Smith and...
- Posted June 7, 2016
“Take Off to Animation III”: Featuring Missing Person’s collaboration with “video painter” Peter Max, and more
One of our most popular segments since we launched Night Flight Plus was the first episode of “Take Off to Animation,” so we went back to the Night Flight archives for another episode, “Take Off to Animation...
- Posted May 7, 2016
Frank Zappa’s “The Freak Out List”: Unbind your mind
I’ve been a hardcore Zappa fanatic since 1966, and even wrote a book about it, called Confessions Of A ZAPPA Fanatic, but I realize that you may have already convinced yourself that you don’t like Frank Zappa...
- Posted May 6, 2016
“Derailroaded” documents the troubled life of one of the godfathers of “Outsider Music,” Larry “Wild Man” Fischer
Derailroaded: Inside the Mind of Larry Wild Man Fischer — watch it now on Night Flight Plus — documents the troubled life and quirky musical career of Larry Wild Man Fischer, whose double LP debut, An Evening...
- Posted April 29, 2016
Frank Zappa: not a fan of music videos, would’ve probably loved the internet
In this candid interview with “Night Flight” in 1985, the late Frank Zappa laments the white-washed, market driven direction music videos had gone, dragging the quality of music down with them. According to Zappa, the thing he...
- Posted January 27, 2016
Frank Zappa in the new documentary “Eat That Question”: “I make music because it’s the same as going to the toilet…”
In Eat That Question — Frank Zappa in His Own Words, a new unsanctioned documentary film assembled by German filmmaker Thorsten Schutte from bootlegs and other sources, Frank Zappa says: “I make music because it’s the same...
- Posted January 21, 2016
Rock Stories: Tom Brown remembers the dope smoking and drama at Flo & Eddie’s “Strawberry Shortcake” sessions
By the early 1980s, musicians Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan — better known perhaps as The Phlorescent Leech & Eddie, which they later shortened to just Flo & Eddie — had established a working relationship with Murakami-Wolf...
- Posted January 5, 2016