- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "forgotten"
“Beyond Westworld”: This 1980 CBS series was a failed first attempt at bringing “Westworld” to TV
HBO’s mega-popular “Westworld“ series climaxed its first season with a mind-numbing 90-minute finale (“The Bicameral Mind”) a few weeks back, but the first time there was a TV show based on the 1973 Michael Crichton-penned movie —...
- Posted January 6, 2017
“Not Necessarily The News”: HBO’s ’80s news satire paved the way for “The Daily Show” & other TV parodies
Years before Comedy Central’s beloved “The Daily Show“ premiered on July 22, 1996 — in the evening time slot previously occupied by Bill Maher’s “Politically Incorrect” (which had been snapped up by the ABC network), and originally...
- Posted January 2, 2017