- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- “Salad Days”: Night Flight talks to filmmaker Scott Crawford about Washington D.C.’s ’80s punk scene
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts tagged "Fear"
The BEST of Christmas TV: A 30-year look at the absurd world of holiday broadcasting gone wrong, really wrong
You will probably not be asking yourself “Why, oh, why must Christmas come but once a year?” after viewing this destined-to-be-viral-video montage of Christmas TV gone horribly wrong. Thirty years in the making (1959-’89), this perverse assortment...
- Posted December 22, 2016
“New York’s Alright If You Like Saxophones”: L.A. punk band Fear on “SNL” in ’81 & “New Wave Theatre” in ’82
In this 1982 episode of “New Wave Theatre“ — watch it in its entirety now on Night Flight Plus — Lee Ving and his band Fear slam their way through “New York’s Alright If You Like Saxophones,”...
- Posted October 5, 2016
“Class of 1984″: School’s been blown to pieces in this campy cult early 80s classic
We haven’t seen Class of 1984 in many a moon, so it’s going straight into the DVR, but if you happen to be up late tonight or you’ve got yer own DVR or VHS, or whatever, we...
- Posted November 21, 2015
Pissing Up A Rope: The “Decline of Western Civilization”
Later on tonight (or early tomorrow morning), TCM, the Turner Classic Movies channel, will be airing the first Decline Of Western Civilization (11:45pm PST on Thursday, Oct. 15th/2:45am EST on Friday, Oct. 16th), a rarely-seen documentary by...
- Posted October 15, 2015
“Next Stop, Nowhere”: TV’s “Quincy M.E.” takes on punk rock, a “killer of spirit”
For the eighth episode of the eighth and final season for “Quincy M.E.,” about a crime-solving coroner (that’s still weird, right?) starring the loveably gruff Jack Klugman, the producers decided that is was now up to people...
- Posted June 24, 2015
“We Destroy The Family”: Punks vs Parents, circa 1982
“Every generation asks the same question,” says local KABC TV reporter Paul Moyer, the narrator of this 1982 “public affairs presentation” on punk rockers versus their parents, “and the answer is always the same. Parents worried when...
- Posted May 15, 2015
Andy Kaufman’s Last Performance: Michael Dare Remembers “The Top”
On January 12, 1984, the first episode of a brand new musical comedy variety show, The Top, was being taped at KTLA’s studio in Los Angeles, when the show’s host Chevy Chase came out during the opening...
- Posted April 4, 2015