- “Tunnel Vision” Redux: Did a Kremlin-backed Russian TV network hack into C-SPAN?
- “Tell them they can laugh at me”: Remembering the humorous side of David Bowie
- Katrina Diaspora: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “New Orleans Music in Exile”
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Subway Blues: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “Last of the Mississippi Jukes”
- Night Flight’s World Music Library: Featuring eight music docs by Moroccan-born producer/director Izza Génini
- Night Flight’s Stuart Samuels tells us about co-producing “The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years”
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts tagged "Exclusive"
Subway Blues: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “Last of the Mississippi Jukes”
Filmmaker Robert Mugge gave Night Flight this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of his film 2003 music documentary Last of the Mississippi Jukes, which explores the fading traditions of rural Mississippi juke joints. Watch it now...
- Posted November 1, 2016
“Let’s get into trouble, baby!”: Night Flight’s exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the rock ‘n’ roll comedy “Tapeheads”!
Now available for streaming on Night Flight Plus is a special behind-the-scenes episode — originally airing on October 15, 1988 — prepared by music video director and “Night Flight” contributor Bill Fishman to promote his feature film...
- Posted October 11, 2016
A Latin Translation: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “The Return of Rubén Blades”
Robert Mugge gave Night Flight this exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of his film, The Return of Rubén Blades, his portrait of actor, writer, attorney, activist, and Grammy Award winning world music artist Rubén Blades. Watch...
- Posted September 16, 2016
Rock Stories: Paul Marshall remembers “Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls”
We thought it would be fun to look back again at one of Night Flight’s “Rock Stories” from 2015, when L.A. musician Paul Marshall told us about what it was like to appear in Russ Meyers’ Beyond...
- Posted September 15, 2016
Keys To The Kingdom: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “The Kingdom of Zydeco”
Robert Mugge’s The Kingdom of Zydeco is a classic film about the Golden Era of Southwest Louisiana’s Creole music scene and looks back at the black Creole music scene of Southwest Louisiana and at attempts, in the...
- Posted July 1, 2016
Alligator Tales: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “Pride and Joy: The Story of Alligator Records”
In 1992, filmmaker Robert Mugge followed up up his film Deep Blues — about the blues traditions of Mississippi — with a tribute to Alligator and its roster of top contemporary blues artists from Chicago and elsewhere....
- Posted June 29, 2016
Filmmaker Robert Mugge gives Night Flight an exclusive look at his documentary “Sun Ra: A Joyful Noise”
Filmmaker Robert Mugge’s Sun Ra: A Joyful Noise shows jazz great Sun Ra and his band performing in Philadelphia, at Danny’s Hollywood Palace, on the rooftop of the Philadelphia International Center, and in the Famous Ballroom, now...
- Posted April 8, 2016
Night Flight’s exclusive behind-the-scenes look at “The Hateful Eight” with actor Craig Stark
Our friend, L.A.-based actor Craig Stark, gave Night Flight an exclusive, rare behind-the-scenes look at Quentin Tarantino’s new three-hour-plus epic western The Hateful Eight, and tells us what it was like to be part of the cast...
- Posted December 24, 2015