- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- We Are Not Afraid: Music legends unite to help raise funds for the refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
- AV Club calls Night Flight “A pop culture fever dream, a sensory rush of synthesizer melodies, solarized video, and severe haircuts”
- Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
All posts tagged "drugs"
“The Flaming Teenage”: A mid-50s exploitation scare film from the director of “The Blob”
Filmmaker (and radio and TV producer) Irvin S. Yeaworth, Jr. will probably always be remembered for directing 1958’s The Blob, a sci-fi thriller starring Steve McQueen and a gelatinous red menace, but Night Flight would like to...
- Posted January 18, 2017
“Timothy Leary’s Dead”: A controversial post-mortem doc about the man Nixon called “the most dangerous man alive”
The 1997 film Timothy Leary’s Dead is one of a spate of documentaries released after Leary’s death at age 75 from cancer, on May 31, 1996, and it is also one of the most controversial. Directed by...
- Posted January 4, 2017
Something Mondo is happening here: “The Hippie Revolt” documented the west coast’s hippie sub-culture in 1967
The Hippie Revolt — a mondo-style documentary about California alternative hippie lifestyles circa the so-called Summer of Love — was previously released to theaters in mid-December 1967 as Something’s Happening and was later given a more exploitation-friendly...
- Posted September 29, 2016
Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
Night Flight are excited to announce our new collection of classic cult, horror and exploitation movies on Night Flight Plus, culled from the legendary Something Weird library! Something Weird Video was founded by the late great Mike...
- Posted September 8, 2016
Rock Stories: Tom Brown remembers the dope smoking and drama at Flo & Eddie’s “Strawberry Shortcake” sessions
By the early 1980s, musicians Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan — better known perhaps as The Phlorescent Leech & Eddie, which they later shortened to just Flo & Eddie — had established a working relationship with Murakami-Wolf...
- Posted January 5, 2016
“The Yage Letters”: William S. Burroughs and Allen Ginsberg on Ayahuasca’s “complete derangement of the senses”
In January 1953, William Burroughs began a seven-month expedition into the jungles of South America, making his hasty escape from Mexico City, where he had been sentenced for the bizarre shooting of his wife, ostensibly to find...
- Posted November 30, 2015
“Curious Alice”: The 1971 Lewis Carroll-inspired, government-endorsed anti-drug film is quite a trip
Author Lewis Carroll first told us about Alice’s journey down the rabbit hole 150 years ago, and since November 1865 marks anniversary of the original publication of “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland,” we thought we’d take a look...
- Posted November 11, 2015
John Allegro’s 1970 book “The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross”: Was Jesus actually a “magic mushroom”?
In 1970, a new book with the scholarly-sounding title The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross: A Study of the Nature and Origins of Christianity Within the Fertility Cults of the Ancient Near East — written by philologist,...
- Posted October 13, 2015