- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- We Are Not Afraid: Music legends unite to help raise funds for the refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
- AV Club calls Night Flight “A pop culture fever dream, a sensory rush of synthesizer melodies, solarized video, and severe haircuts”
- Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
All posts tagged "David Bowie"
“Breaking Glass”: Hazel O’Connor’s true life story will tear your heart out
When the phone rang at the tiny independent English record label Albion Records sometime in late 1979, the receptionist who took the call was about half-way through her very first day on the job. The call was...
- Posted February 20, 2016
Sound and Vision: Marc Scarpa tells Night Flight about interviewing David Bowie a few days after he turned 50
On January 9, 1997, the day after his 50th birthday, David Bowie performed at a memorable sold out concert at Madison Square Garden — with proceeds from ticket sales going to the charity Save the Children. A...
- Posted February 4, 2016
Going underground on “The Tube”: Jools Holland’s and Paula Yates’s memorable 80s UK music show
If you were a music fan in the 1980s, and you lived in the UK, you likely need no introduction to the BBC1’s “The Tube” as you no doubt remember it fondly as the music television show...
- Posted January 13, 2016
Tip a little out of your cup tomorrow morning for David Bowie, fellow Coffee Achievers
It was 1984 when we were told, over and over again, while listening to “Hold On Tight (To Your Dream)” by the Electric Light Orchestra: “YOU are the New American Society, the movers, and the shakers. YOU...
- Posted January 11, 2016
R.I.P. Starman: David Bowie has died at 69 after a 18-month battle with cancer
We were simply gutted to read this news Sunday night, January 10th: “David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this...
- Posted January 11, 2016
Paul Zone’s Playground: 14-year-old Wunderkind Captures New York Underground
It’s hard to imagine a time when everyone was comfortable with a 14-year-old kid running around taking pictures at rock concerts but luckily for Paul Zone, his friends, and us, that’s exactly what happened throughout the ’70s,...
- Posted June 12, 2015
Tony Visconti and Woody Woodmansey reunite to perform The Man Who Sold the World live
Mega-producer Tony Visconti and original Spider from Mars Woody Woodmansey bring Bowie’s “The Man Who Sold the World” to full-album life in UK live shows in June “I make records for people, not for other musicians. When...
- Posted May 13, 2015
Dr. Stuart Samuels, original writer/producer of Night Flight returns
Dr. Stuart Samuels is one of the original members of the Night Flight team and is joining us at Nightflight.com as a contributor and producer of an exclusive podcast. In his time away from Night Flight, Samuels...
- Posted May 9, 2015