- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- We Are Not Afraid: Music legends unite to help raise funds for the refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
- AV Club calls Night Flight “A pop culture fever dream, a sensory rush of synthesizer melodies, solarized video, and severe haircuts”
- Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
All posts tagged "Cult"
The Definitive Oral History Of “Max Headroom”: From Cyberpunk Icon To MTV Host Selling Coke
Thirty years after the show’s TV premiere, The Verge have posted a terrific oral history of 1980s cyberpunk icon “Max Headroom,” who started as the snarky “virtual” star of a dystopian science fiction TV movie satirizing mass...
- Posted February 4, 2017
Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
Mike Vraney of Something Weird Video was truly one of a kind, even in the lurid, carny-like world of exploitation, sexploitation and grindhouse movies that he loved so much. Mike Vraney; By Permission of Mike Vraney A...
- Posted February 3, 2017
“Horror Rock”: Horror movie maven John Russo’s 1989 music video compilation featured the clown princes of L.A. punk, the Dickies
Horror Rock — now streaming over on our Night Flight Plus channel — was first produced as a VHS title in 1989 by the legendary horror movie maven John Russo (screenwriter, novelist and occasional actor and film...
- Posted February 2, 2017
“The Flaming Teenage”: A mid-50s exploitation scare film from the director of “The Blob”
Filmmaker (and radio and TV producer) Irvin S. Yeaworth, Jr. will probably always be remembered for directing 1958’s The Blob, a sci-fi thriller starring Steve McQueen and a gelatinous red menace, but Night Flight would like to...
- Posted January 18, 2017
“Teenage Mother”: The film that dares to explain what most parents can’t
The 1968 film Teenage Mother — now streaming as part of our Something Weird collection on Night Flight Plus — is still somewhat notorious today for being one of the first exploitation films to insert colorful and...
- Posted November 17, 2016
“The Terror Of Tiny Town”: The world’s only musical western with an all midget cast!
The idea for 1938’s The Terror of Tiny Town — billed as “the world’s only musical western with an all-midget cast” — is reputed to have come about when film producer Jed Buell overheard an employee of...
- Posted November 5, 2016
“The Psychedelic Priest”: William Grefé’s 1971 film about a priest’s journey of self-discovery among hippies, heroin and hatred
In 1971, Florida-based independent filmmaker William Grefé came to Southern California to direct a film written by his friend, producer “Terry” Merrill, who had no script and no money — he had about $100,000’s worth of trading...
- Posted October 4, 2016
“Savages from Hell”: No-budget drive-in sleaze from South Florida circa 1968, featuring chicks, choppers ‘n’ cheats
K. Gordon Murray and Joseph Prieto’s 1968 biker flick Savages from Hell — aka Big Enough ‘n Old Enough — was filmed on location in and around Naples, Florida, and features the “Outlaws” biker gang, migrant farmworkers,...
- Posted September 26, 2016