- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "Cult"
“The Rebel Set”: Coffeehaus beatniks engaged in a crime caper & a million dollars worth of murder!
Gene Fowler Jr.’s 1959 beatnik-noir b-movie The Rebel Set — which was later re-released as Beatsville — was actually a suspense-filled crime caper/heist flick that actually had very little to do with the way it was marketed...
- Posted April 13, 2017
Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
Night Flight are excited to announce our brand new collection of Arrow Video titles, featuring grindhouse cult classics in numerous “Midnight Movie” cult genres — including exploitation, horror, spaghetti westerns, NSFW drive-in sleaze and more — which...
- Posted March 10, 2017
Travoltasploitation: The 1979 Italian film “The Face with Two Left Feet” parodied “Saturday Night Fever”
In 1979, just sixteen months after the December ’77 theatrical release of Saturday Night Fever, a PG-rated Italian disco comedy called The Face with Two Left Feet was released into Italian theaters under its original title, making...
- Posted March 7, 2017
The Definitive Oral History Of “Max Headroom”: From Cyberpunk Icon To MTV Host Selling Coke
Thirty years after the show’s TV premiere, The Verge have posted a terrific oral history of 1980s cyberpunk icon “Max Headroom,” who started as the snarky “virtual” star of a dystopian science fiction TV movie satirizing mass...
- Posted February 4, 2017
Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
Mike Vraney of Something Weird Video was truly one of a kind, even in the lurid, carny-like world of exploitation, sexploitation and grindhouse movies that he loved so much. Mike Vraney; By Permission of Mike Vraney A...
- Posted February 3, 2017
“Horror Rock”: Horror movie maven John Russo’s 1989 music video compilation featured the clown princes of L.A. punk, the Dickies
Horror Rock — now streaming over on our Night Flight Plus channel — was first produced as a VHS title in 1989 by the legendary horror movie maven John Russo (screenwriter, novelist and occasional actor and film...
- Posted February 2, 2017
“The Flaming Teenage”: A mid-50s exploitation scare film from the director of “The Blob”
Filmmaker (and radio and TV producer) Irvin S. Yeaworth, Jr. will probably always be remembered for directing 1958’s The Blob, a sci-fi thriller starring Steve McQueen and a gelatinous red menace, but Night Flight would like to...
- Posted January 18, 2017
“Teenage Mother”: The film that dares to explain what most parents can’t
The 1968 film Teenage Mother — now streaming as part of our Something Weird collection on Night Flight Plus — is still somewhat notorious today for being one of the first exploitation films to insert colorful and...
- Posted November 17, 2016