- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "concert performance"
“Iggy & the Stooges: Live in Detroit 2003″: Happy Birthday to proto-punk icon Iggy Pop!
Happy 70th Birthday today — Friday, April 21, 2017 — to proto-punk icon Iggy Pop, one of the last of the true punk godfathers still making music and a certifiable hero to those of us here at...
- Posted April 21, 2017
The epic saga of Tito Larriva, the Plugz and the “St. Paddy’s Day Massacre” at the Elks Lodge, 1979
Every St. Patrick’s Day we’re reminded once again of the “St. Paddy’s Day Massacre,” an infamous night of LAPD police brutality which took place nearly forty years ago, in 1979, at the Elks Lodge Hall, located near...
- Posted March 16, 2017
“Joe Strummer – Tribute Concert: Cast a Long Shadow”: A loving, heartfelt tribute to the co-founder of the Clash
Joe Strummer – Tribute Concert: Cast a Long Shadow — now streaming on Night Flight Plus — is a loving, heartfelt tribute to the co-founder of the Clash, a man who died at 50, just as he...
- Posted February 17, 2017
“Raw Power Live: In the Hands of the Fans – Iggy and the Stooges”: According to Iggy, “This sh*t really sizzles!”
Raw Power Live: In the Hands of the Fans – Iggy and the Stooges — now streaming on our Night Flight Plus channel — features the full concert by Iggy Pop and his band of Stooges, performing...
- Posted December 9, 2016
“The Electrifying Conclusion”: The (first) final concert by the pioneers of the lo-fi revolution, Guided By Voices
The Electrifying Conclusion — currently streaming on Night Flight Plus — features the “final” show of one of indie rock’s most storied bands, Guided By Voices. Recorded on New Year’s Eve 2004 at Chicago’s Metro, the show...
- Posted November 4, 2016
“The US Festival ’83″: New wave and heavy metal bands battled for supremacy in the “Super Bowl of Rock Parties”
The US Festival 1983 Days 1-3 contains just a small handful of the highlights of just a few of the bands who performed on Memorial Day Weekend in 1983, one of the largest rock festivals to date,...
- Posted April 26, 2016
“Hardcore Devo Live!”: “Raw and unfiltered, with no commercial intent”
“No matter how messy, beginnings are exciting, especially when what happens next endures the test of time.” So begins the narration accompanying this trailer for Devo Hardcore Live!, now available on Night Flight Plus!. Hardcore Devo Live!...
- Posted March 20, 2016
Frank Zappa’s “Inca Roads”: the “danger and weirdness” of Bruce Bickford’s gnarly animation
In 1976, Frank Zappa, appearing as a guest on “The Mike Douglas Show,” told the host about A Token Of His Extreme, saying “It’s probably one of the finest pieces of video work that any human being...
- Posted June 12, 2015