- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "Comedy Cuts"
Night Flight’s 6th Anniversary Special was hosted by “Love Goddess” Judy Tenuta, Aphrodite of the Accordion
On Friday, June 5, 1987, the USA Network aired “Night Flight’s Sixth Anniversary Special: The Greatest Moments in ‘Night Flight’ History,” a special clip show hosted by offbeat stand-up comedian and actress Judy Tenuta. Watch it now...
- Posted February 20, 2017
Comedy Cuts: Meet Norman Gunston, Australian TV’s award-winning multi-media personality!!
In this truncated segment from an episode of “Night Flight” — it originally aired on February 26, 1988, and you can now find it streaming on Night Flight Plus — viewers got the chance to see Australian...
- Posted February 14, 2017
“Comedy Cuts”: Night Flight remembers pioneering comedian Adrianne Tolsch
Adrianne Tolsch, who succumbed to esophageal cancer on December 7, 2016, was a frequent presence on the “Comedy Cuts” segments of “Night Flight.” Many viewers laughing at home may have not been aware of the strides she...
- Posted January 5, 2017
“Comedy Cuts 3″: In 1987, Canadian “national treasure” Lorne Elliott performed his crazy “Elvis with No Nose”
Our Comedy Cuts section on Night Flight Plus features performances by a wide variety of stand-up comedians who were filmed at various New York-area comedy clubs and then showcased occasionally on our 1980s-era “Night Flight” episodes. Sometimes...
- Posted October 6, 2016
“Comedy Cuts” x 2: The intertwined careers of two of comedy’s funniest female stand-up comics, Joy Behar & Rosie O’Donnell
In the summer of 1986 and again in ’87, two of comedy’s funniest female stand-up comics — Joy Behar and Rosie O’Donnell — both made short appearances on “Night Flight”‘s “Comedy Cuts.” You can watch both of...
- Posted August 11, 2016
“Assaulted Nuts”: The short-lived British/US sketch comedy series highlighted a classic Comedy Cuts in 1987
On March 20, 1987, “Night Flight” presented one of our classic Comedy Cuts segments, offering up a sampling of the short-lived“Assaulted Nuts,” which was described as a British comedy sketch show although it was actually a co-production...
- Posted July 27, 2016
Night Flight’s “Comedy Cuts”: Catch A Rising Star with a young Chris Rock and more
Rick Newman’s Catch A Rising Star comedy club — on 1st Avenue between East 78th Street and East 77th Street, in uptown NYC — was one of the top clubs for discovering new talent, and one night,...
- Posted May 9, 2016