- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "Cinefamily"
Mysterious sensations and surreal encounters: “David Lynch: The Art Life”
David Lynch: The Art Life — a brand new and uniquely personal documentary about the life and work of director David Lynch, distributed by Janus Films — continues its run of screenings this week at the Cinefamily...
- Posted April 17, 2017
Night Flight’s one-time voiceover announcer and hostess Pat Prescott talks with founder/creator Stuart Shapiro
94.7 the Wave’s Morning Show host Pat Prescott — a longtime radio personality whose voice will be instantly recognizable to anyone who remembers her from many years as voiceover announcer on our TV show “Night Flight” –...
- Posted June 25, 2016
“Night Flight: Born Again” in L.A.: Come to the Cinefamily on June 28 & see Stuart Shapiro, Pat Prescott, Stuart Samuels and Larry Hankin live!
Night Flight continues our Born Again Tour next Tuesday, June 28, 2016, at the Cinefamily at the Silent Movie Theatre in Los Angeles. We’re continuing the celebrations around our release of the Night Flight Plus subscription channel with a special...
- Posted June 23, 2016
Ross McElwee’s “Sherman’s March”: “A meditation on the possibility of romantic love in the South today”
Tomorrow night, March 13th, the Cinefamily continue their presentation “Underground USA: Indie Cinema of the 80s” — a retrospective of more than forty films over two months celebrating iconic indie cinema, co-presented by Cinespia — with a...
- Posted March 12, 2016
Outsider Cinema: The Cinefamily hosts an evening with one-man showcase legend Laz Rojas
Tonight — Monday, February 8th — our friends at the Cinefamily, at the Silent Movie Theater in Los Angeles, will host an evening of free entertainment featuring outsider artist and one-man showcase legend Laz Rojas — actor,...
- Posted February 8, 2016
“Ernest Borgnine On The Bus”: Filmmaker Jeff Krulik’s road trip reality TV series-turned-documentary
Today, on the 99th anniversary of actor Ernest Borgnine’s birth — he was born Ermes Effron Borgnino on January 24, 1917, in Hamden, Connecticut — we thought we’d take a look at filmmaker Jeff Krulik’s nearly hour-long...
- Posted January 24, 2016
“Night Flight: Born Again”: A flashback to 2009’s DKTR screening and L.A. Record’s chat with Stuart Shapiro
We didn’t have the Night Flight blog up and running in 2009, but we do now, so we’re taking this opportunity to revisit when Night Flight: Born Again was screened on the last night of Allison Anders‘s...
- Posted January 11, 2016
“Quay”: Christopher Nolan’s short doc on Stephen and Timothy Quay premieres this week in NYC
Film director Christopher Nolan’s new short feature documentary Quay will have its world premiere at a special program at Film Forum in New York (“The Quay Brothers – On 35MM“) on Wednesday, August 19, and Nolan and...
- Posted August 17, 2015