- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "Black Flag"
“Salad Days”: Night Flight talks to filmmaker Scott Crawford about Washington D.C.’s ’80s punk scene
Night Flight recently talked with Scott Crawford, the director of Salad Days: A Decade Of Punk In Washington, DC (1980-90) — now streaming over on Night Flight Plus — which chronicles the story behind the 80s decade’s...
- Posted March 14, 2017
“History Lesson Part 1: Punk Rock in Los Angeles in 1984″: We jam econo with D. Boon & the Minutemen
In the spring of 1984, teenage punk enthusiast Dave Travis began videotaping some of his favorite L.A. punk bands at their gigs, including the Meat Puppets (from Phoenix, Arizona, actually), the Minutemen, Twisted Roots and Redd Kross,...
- Posted September 1, 2016
“In the House of Flies”: Night Flight goes down into the basement with director Gabriel Carrer
Indie filmmakers do everything themselves: directing, writing, setting lights … bricklaying? In this exclusive interview with Night Flight contributor Richard Whittaker, In the House of Flies director Gabriel Carrer talks about making his stomach-churning kidnap horror, available...
- Posted August 31, 2016
Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
The recently-published Under The Big Black Sun: A Personal History of L.A. Punk (Da Capo Press) — written by longtime friends John Doe (co-founder of the seminal L.A. punk band, X) and Tom DeSavia (Head of Creative...
- Posted May 3, 2016
Goin’ Wild in the Streets: Remembering the Circle Jerks’ “Group Sex” photo shoot
For a few short years at the end of the 70s and the beginning of the 80s — from the fall of 1978 until the fall of 1981 — the Marina Del Rey Skatepark was the ground...
- Posted April 15, 2016