- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- “Salad Days”: Night Flight talks to filmmaker Scott Crawford about Washington D.C.’s ’80s punk scene
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts tagged "1981"
“Lunch Wagon”: This 1981 sexploitation romp featured Playboy Playmates and Missing Persons
From time to time, we here at Night Flight HQ like to remind ourselves just how different the 1980s were, like that time when L.A. mayor Tom Bradley proclaimed September 11, 1981, as “Lunch Wagon Day” as...
- Posted February 22, 2017
“New York’s Alright If You Like Saxophones”: L.A. punk band Fear on “SNL” in ’81 & “New Wave Theatre” in ’82
In this 1982 episode of “New Wave Theatre“ — watch it in its entirety now on Night Flight Plus — Lee Ving and his band Fear slam their way through “New York’s Alright If You Like Saxophones,”...
- Posted October 5, 2016
The tale of the “Lost Tapes”: The Dead Kennedys’ abandoned first recording session for “In God We Trust, Inc.”
In God We Trust, Inc.: The Lost Tapes captures the first attempt by the Dead Kennedys to record songs, in 1981, for a 12″ EP meant to acknowledge and showcase the influence of the fast-paced and thrashy...
- Posted March 11, 2016