- R.I.P. filmmaker Jonathan Demme, director of “Something Wild,” “Stop Making Sense” & other Night Flight faves
- Record Store Day, every day: You got it nicer at Licorice Pizza stores in the 70s and early 80s
- “TV Party”: Glenn O’Brien’s weekly late 70s public-access punk cocktail party TV show
- Zinelandia: Night Flight talks with Joe Biel about “$100 & a T-Shirt,” his documentary about zines
- In 1977, Prince appeared on “The Gong Show,” but no one has ever talked about the episode, until now
- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
All posts tagged "1979"
Comedy Cuts: Meet Norman Gunston, Australian TV’s award-winning multi-media personality!!
In this truncated segment from an episode of “Night Flight” — it originally aired on February 26, 1988, and you can now find it streaming on Night Flight Plus — viewers got the chance to see Australian...
- Posted February 14, 2017
“The Men Who Make the Music: Devo”: The Akron, Ohio band take on Big Entertainment in this quirky late ’70s film
The Men Who Make the Music: Devo — now streaming on Night Flight Plus — combines raucous live concert footage of the band (shot in October 1978 at the Starwood club in West Hollywood, CA, as well...
- Posted December 2, 2016
“Over The Edge”: The 1979 teen angst film that introduced a generation to Rockford, Illinois’s Cheap Trick
In the wee hours early tomorrow morning (1:30am PT/4:30am ET), Turner Movie Channel are airing the 1979 movie Over The Edge, which helped to introduce a new generation to the music of Cheap Trick, who were just...
- Posted October 24, 2015