- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- We Are Not Afraid: Music legends unite to help raise funds for the refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
- AV Club calls Night Flight “A pop culture fever dream, a sensory rush of synthesizer melodies, solarized video, and severe haircuts”
- Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
All posts by Pat Thomas
“The whole world is watching”: Turning points in the ’68 Democratic Convention and the trial of the Chicago Eight
Night Flight contributor Pat Thomas remembers the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago — which in some ways resembles much of what seems to be happening during this hot summer of 2016 — and takes a look at...
- Posted July 28, 2016
“Valley Fever”: Paisley Underground faves Green on Red pay tribute to a fallen comrade with a 2005 concert
Night Flight Contributor Pat Thomas takes a look at Green on Red – Valley Fever: Live at the Rialto, now streaming on Night Flight Plus, which finds the 80s-era Paisley Underground band reuniting to play a concert...
- Posted June 21, 2016
“Listen, Whitey!” author Pat Thomas talks about the new Black Panthers doc, “The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975″ and more
Tonight, Tuesday February 16th, at 9pm, KOCE in Los Angeles (and check your local listings for your PBS station and airdates/times) will be airing The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution, which our contributor Pat Thomas wrote...
- Posted February 16, 2016
Organic Americana: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with Elliott Landy about The Band and his new photography book
I’ve always wondered why the best songs to song capture the American landscape of the late 60s-early 70s were written by Canadians: Joni Mitchell’s “Woodstock” and “California,” Neil Young’s “Ohio” and “Alabama” are a few that come...
- Posted December 18, 2015
“Out Demons, Out!”: The October 1967 March on the Pentagon
Our new contributor Pat Thomas — author of Listen, Whitey! the Sights and Sounds of Black Power 1965-1975 and the forthcoming Did It! From Yippie To Yuppie: Jerry Rubin, An American Revolutionary, both published by Fantagraphics Books...
- Posted October 21, 2015