- “Tunnel Vision” Redux: Did a Kremlin-backed Russian TV network hack into C-SPAN?
- “Tell them they can laugh at me”: Remembering the humorous side of David Bowie
- Katrina Diaspora: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “New Orleans Music in Exile”
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Subway Blues: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “Last of the Mississippi Jukes”
- Night Flight’s World Music Library: Featuring eight music docs by Moroccan-born producer/director Izza Génini
- Night Flight’s Stuart Samuels tells us about co-producing “The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years”
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts by Michael Dare
Back to The Source: Michael Dare remembers the only hip cult-based vegetarian restaurant on the Sunset Strip
The Source has been in the news a little bit lately, ever since director Todd Haynes told Indiewire he is “conceiving a limited series based on events that really occurred in the early ’70s in L.A. based...
- Posted January 29, 2016
“At Sunset” revisited: Remembering a private dinner at the underground after-hours club
We’ve posted about the early 80s underground nightclub next door to the Whisky on the Sunset Strip, called At Sunset, a few times before — check out this raw footage from inside the club, shot by Russell...
- Posted January 4, 2016
“Let’s do the ‘Time Warp’ again!”: HBO is showing “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” tonight
Tonight, September 26, 2015, the HBO cable network will be airing the 1975 film The Rocky Horror Picture Show, as well as streaming the musical comedy horror flick on its HBO Go and HBO Now platforms (it...
- Posted September 26, 2015
Flowcharts: Michael Dare’s lone contribution to National Lampoon, February 1991
Below, we have the tangled flowchart to stand-up comedy success that appeared in the February 1991 issue of National Lampoon, for their “The Humor Issue.” It created by Night Flight contributor Michael Dare, who says, “Though they’ve...
- Posted September 22, 2015
The Life and Death of Captain Preemo: Bob Woodward vs. John Belushi and Me
This week we’re remembering the enduring comic influence of the National Lampoon — on Friday, September 25th, Douglas Tirola’s new documentary Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story Of The National Lampoon will be released by Magnolia Pictures...
- Posted September 22, 2015
“Turkish Wizard of Oz”: Michael Dare tells us about the movie that changed his life
Michael Dare — who has previously shared with Night Flight a few of his fun memories, about the short-lived TV show “The Top” that starred his friend Andy Kaufman, and about the Firesign Theatre‘s early recordings, for...
- Posted August 11, 2015
Remembering the Firesign Theatre’s Phil Austin: regnaD kciN, gnol oS
Once again we need to pause here at Night Flight to remember someone influential and important in our lives, in this case Phil Austin, the co-founder of the Firesign Theatre comedy troupe, who died last week at...
- Posted June 25, 2015
Andy Kaufman’s Last Performance: Michael Dare Remembers “The Top”
On January 12, 1984, the first episode of a brand new musical comedy variety show, The Top, was being taped at KTLA’s studio in Los Angeles, when the show’s host Chevy Chase came out during the opening...
- Posted April 4, 2015