- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- We Are Not Afraid: Music legends unite to help raise funds for the refugee crisis and victims of religious and political violence
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
- AV Club calls Night Flight “A pop culture fever dream, a sensory rush of synthesizer melodies, solarized video, and severe haircuts”
- Under The Big Black Sun: Night Flight talks to Tom DeSavia about the late 70s L.A. punk scene
All posts by Mark Deming
Dirty Mind: Celebrating the Weird World of Blowfly and the late Clarence Reid
If American music ever had a real life Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, it was Clarence Reid, the R&B genius who created some of the coolest grooves of the disco era and the craziest and most lascivious...
- Posted January 18, 2016
The Screamers: The Great Lost Band of the First Wave of L.A. Punk
Being ahead of your time can be a risky career move. Take the case of the Screamers. When punk rock hit Los Angeles in the mid-1970s, there was no band bigger than the Screamers. They could sell...
- Posted September 14, 2015