- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- “Salad Days”: Night Flight talks to filmmaker Scott Crawford about Washington D.C.’s ’80s punk scene
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts by Marc Edward Heuck
Prince’s music returns to the marketplace: “Slave Trade: How Prince Re-Made the Music Business” explains why it left
On February 9, 2017, nearly ten months after the sudden and still-shocking death of the multi-disciplined artist Prince, welcome news emerged about an agreement with the Universal Music Group to re-release recordings he made after 1995, as...
- Posted February 15, 2017
“Take Off to the Academy Awards”: In 1986, Night Flight picked our favorites to win the Oscar
In preparation for the upcoming 89th Academy Awards ceremony on February 26th, we’re taking a look back at Night Flight’s “Take Off to the Academy Awards” from March 21, 1986, comparing the films and artists up for...
- Posted February 8, 2017
“Tell them they can laugh at me”: Remembering the humorous side of David Bowie
On this first anniversary of the passing of David Bowie, a loss still felt profoundly by all of us here at Night Flight, we’re taking an opportunity to reflect on his underappreciated capacity for self-deprecation and comedy....
- Posted January 10, 2017
“Comedy Cuts”: Night Flight remembers pioneering comedian Adrianne Tolsch
Adrianne Tolsch, who succumbed to esophageal cancer on December 7, 2016, was a frequent presence on the “Comedy Cuts” segments of “Night Flight.” Many viewers laughing at home may have not been aware of the strides she...
- Posted January 5, 2017
“Porky’s Revenge” was the silly sex comedy sequel with a seriously super soundtrack!
Night Flight’s April 12, 1985 “New Film and Video” episode, devoted to movie soundtrack tie-in videos, featured Dave Edmunds’ “High School Nights” from Porky’s Revenge, which has just been released for the first time on Blu-ray. The...
- Posted December 19, 2016
“Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
David Wechter & Michael Nankin’s adorable 1978 short film Junior High School drew praise from critics, led to making a Disney cult classic, and it was also the first exposure for singer/choreographer Paula Abdul. It’s now available...
- Posted November 18, 2016
From sports bloopers to movie credits, everything goes better with Dire Straits’ “Walk of Life”
Night Flight’s video profile of Dire Straits — originally airing on August 15, 1986, and now available on Night Flight Plus — offers a look at both the UK and the US videos for “Walk of Life,”...
- Posted October 26, 2016
“Let’s get into trouble, baby!”: Night Flight’s exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the rock ‘n’ roll comedy “Tapeheads”!
Now available for streaming on Night Flight Plus is a special behind-the-scenes episode — originally airing on October 15, 1988 — prepared by music video director and “Night Flight” contributor Bill Fishman to promote his feature film...
- Posted October 11, 2016