- “Tunnel Vision” Redux: Did a Kremlin-backed Russian TV network hack into C-SPAN?
- “Tell them they can laugh at me”: Remembering the humorous side of David Bowie
- Katrina Diaspora: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “New Orleans Music in Exile”
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Subway Blues: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “Last of the Mississippi Jukes”
- Night Flight’s World Music Library: Featuring eight music docs by Moroccan-born producer/director Izza Génini
- Night Flight’s Stuart Samuels tells us about co-producing “The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years”
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts by Eric Zaldivar
“The Wild & The Dirty”: A spaghetti western tragedy ripped from the pages of Shakespeare’s Hamlet
There’s no shortage of Shakespearean tales adapted into American Westerns, and, hell, a great number of Anthony Mann’s oaters alone reflect this (particularly those with “man” in the title, like Man of the West and The Man...
- Posted August 30, 2016
“Day of Anger”: Gunfighter Lee Van Cleef takes a town outsider under his wing
Our contributor Eric Zaldivar takes a look at Day of Anger, without question one of the classic spaghetti westerns, available from our partner Wild East — watch it streaming now on Night Flight Plus. Sergio Leone’s second...
- Posted July 26, 2016
“Don’t Turn The Other Cheek”: Eli Wallach & Franco Nero buddy up in this 1971 action-comedy spaghetti western
Our contributor Eric Zaldivar tells us about Don’t Turn The Other Cheek, the politically-minded, action-packed “bottom’s up!” Spaghetti Western comedy starring Franco Nero, Eli Wallach and Lynn Redgrave. Watch it streaming now on Night Flight Plus! In...
- Posted July 4, 2016
“The Brute and the Beast”: “Godfather of Gore” Lucio Fulci’s grim 1966 Spaghetti Western
Heralded, not just for his stomach-churning effects, but also for his artful camera work, director Lucio Fulci’s aesthetic could be best described by his two-time collaborator, Tomas Milian, “Talent he did have, my god…. if you gave...
- Posted June 27, 2016
Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
Night Flight’s resident expert on all things Spaghetti Western, Eric Zaldivar, tells us a little about our new distribution partner, Wild East Productions, and some of the Spaghetti Western titles you can now see streaming on our...
- Posted June 24, 2016
“Comin’ At Ya!”: A grisly, sleazy and mean-spirited western in 3D!
After over half a decade of trying to shove “immersive 3D” down our throats I think time has shown that three-dimensional movie watching is mostly enjoyable when it is of a gimmicky sort. Comin’ At Ya! (1981)...
- Posted April 16, 2016
“Sheba, Baby”: Pam Grier’s Sheba Shayne is a fully-formed supa sista, queen of the private eyes
After her loan company daddy is rousted by some underworld goons at his place of business, Sheba Shayne, a former cop turned private dick, flies in from Chicago to face the felons head on. Sheba, Baby is...
- Posted April 7, 2016
Sudden Death: Robert Conrad really rings up the kills in this low-rent Filipino actioner
Our filmmaking friend Eric Zaldivar is back with a new killcount supercut, this one ringing up the falling bodies in Eddie Romero’s Sudden Death, a cloak and dagger tough guy actioner from 1977, set in the Philippines...
- Posted February 10, 2016