- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- “Salad Days”: Night Flight talks to filmmaker Scott Crawford about Washington D.C.’s ’80s punk scene
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts by Bryan Thomas
R.I.P. Bernie Wrightson, legendary horror illustrator & master of the macabre for more than a half-century
Night Flight were saddened to learn about the passing of Bernie “Berni” Wrightson, the legendary horror illustrator and master of the macabre for more than a half-century, who passed away on March 18, 2017, at the age...
- Posted March 29, 2017
“Bad Brains: Live at CBGB 1982″: Rare club concert footage of one of Washington D.C.’s best hardcore bands
Bad Brains: Live at CBGB 1982 — now streaming over on our Night Flight Plus channel — captures rare footage of one of Washington D.C.’s best hardcore bands at the legendary CBGB club in New York City,...
- Posted March 28, 2017
Viewers Choice: “Vienna” and Ultravox’s huge influence on the British synth-pop movement of the early ’80s
In this “Viewers Choice” episode of “Night Flight” — which originally aired on September 19, 1986, and is now streaming over on our Night Flight Plus channel — Pat Prescott introduces the video for Ultravox’s “Vienna” by...
- Posted March 27, 2017
“Why I Got Into TV & Other Stories”: Ilene Segalove’s short film about childhood was showcased on Night Flight in 1987
In this episode of Night Flight’s Short Film Showcase — originally airing on May 30, 1987, and now streaming on our Night Flight Plus channel — independent filmmaker Ilene Segalove’s 1983 short film, “Why I Got Into...
- Posted March 25, 2017
“Metal In Your Face”: Trashy Victorian glam rockers Britny Fox rocked their hearts out in “Girlschool”
Night Flight’s “Metal In Your Face” segment from November 12, 1988 — now streaming over on our Night Flight Plus channel — featured music videos from a host of late ’80s-era hair metal bands, including “Girlschool” by...
- Posted March 24, 2017
“Mirror Mirror”: A shocking early ’90s reflection of evil in the tradition of “Carrie” and “Heathers”
Mirror Mirror — MTV video director Marina Sargenti’s feature film debut, now streaming on our Night Flight Plus channel — is a shocking early ’90s reflection of evil in the tradition of revenge-themed teen horror films like...
- Posted March 23, 2017
Too Much Monkey Business: “Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp” & the Evolution Revolution
“Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp,” the short-lived early ’70s live-action Saturday morning comedy series, was, as far as we know, the only TV show with a cast of chimpanzees (and one orangutan named Henry) with “dialogue” overdubbed by...
- Posted March 22, 2017
Night Flight remembers James Cotton, the pioneering Mississippi-born blues harp legend
In 1985, the pioneering Mississippi-born blues harp legend James Cotton — who died on Thursday, March 16, 2017, at St. David’s Medical Center in Austin, Texas — appeared on an episode of “Night Flight,” joining future Rock...
- Posted March 21, 2017