- “Tunnel Vision” Redux: Did a Kremlin-backed Russian TV network hack into C-SPAN?
- “Tell them they can laugh at me”: Remembering the humorous side of David Bowie
- Katrina Diaspora: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “New Orleans Music in Exile”
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Subway Blues: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “Last of the Mississippi Jukes”
- Night Flight’s World Music Library: Featuring eight music docs by Moroccan-born producer/director Izza Génini
- Night Flight’s Stuart Samuels tells us about co-producing “The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years”
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts by Tom Brown
“Summer Of Love, My Ass!”: How Tom Brown Faked Suicide To Get Out Of The Army
Not everyone wants to be a war hero, and not everyone wants to die and be remembered each year on Memorial Day by their relatives and friends. Summer Of Love, My Ass! A Memoir June 12, 1967...
- Posted May 29, 2016
Frank Zappa’s “The Freak Out List”: Unbind your mind
I’ve been a hardcore Zappa fanatic since 1966, and even wrote a book about it, called Confessions Of A ZAPPA Fanatic, but I realize that you may have already convinced yourself that you don’t like Frank Zappa...
- Posted May 6, 2016
“Romeo is Bleeding”: Lena Olin’s Mona Demarkov is the most evil and diabolical femme fatale in movie history
Violence, unbridled mayhem and a big dose of sex in your face. Have I got your attention? Peter Medac’s 1994 film Romeo Is Bleeding features the phenomenally beautiful and sexy Lena Olin, who plays Mona Demarkov, the...
- Posted March 19, 2016
“Happiness”: An outrageously black and twisted look at the human condition
Todd Solondz’s Happiness is an outrageously black and twisted look at the human condition, a film that is chock full of forbidden subject matter. Sexual deprivation in spades, pedophilia, a successful young woman with a desire to...
- Posted January 16, 2016
Rock Stories: Tom Brown remembers the dope smoking and drama at Flo & Eddie’s “Strawberry Shortcake” sessions
By the early 1980s, musicians Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan — better known perhaps as The Phlorescent Leech & Eddie, which they later shortened to just Flo & Eddie — had established a working relationship with Murakami-Wolf...
- Posted January 5, 2016
Rock Stories: Tom Brown’s “Mercifully Brief Encounters With Wild Man Fischer”
We’re asking some of our friends out there to tell us about some of their wild and crazy adventures in the music biz: we’re tagging these “Rock Stories,” and this one is kind of a tale from...
- Posted May 4, 2015