- “Tunnel Vision” Redux: Did a Kremlin-backed Russian TV network hack into C-SPAN?
- “Tell them they can laugh at me”: Remembering the humorous side of David Bowie
- Katrina Diaspora: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “New Orleans Music in Exile”
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Subway Blues: Robert Mugge discusses the making of “Last of the Mississippi Jukes”
- Night Flight’s World Music Library: Featuring eight music docs by Moroccan-born producer/director Izza Génini
- Night Flight’s Stuart Samuels tells us about co-producing “The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years”
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts by Mike Vanderbilt
“The Dicks from Texas”: The influential punk band who were hometown heroes to Austin’s misfits
“If you were a misfit, The Dicks’ music was for you.” Those words open up the documentary The Dicks From Texas, now featured on Night Flight Plus. While the Ramones were the kings of punk rock on...
- Posted December 16, 2016
“The Electrifying Conclusion”: The (first) final concert by the pioneers of the lo-fi revolution, Guided By Voices
The Electrifying Conclusion — currently streaming on Night Flight Plus — features the “final” show of one of indie rock’s most storied bands, Guided By Voices. Recorded on New Year’s Eve 2004 at Chicago’s Metro, the show...
- Posted November 4, 2016
“Ilsa, The Wicked Warden”: S&M, sick scenes of pretty girls being tortured, lurid lesbianism fetishism and more!
Ilsa, The Wicked Warden — currently streaming on Night Flight Plus — features all of the NSFW sleazy sex and brutal violence that audiences want out of an exploitation picture (particularly one from Jess Franco) but it...
- Posted October 27, 2016
“Netherworld”: Southern Gothic horror with New Orleans-flavored voodoo
Netherworld — one of the lesser-known titles from Full Moon’s heyday in the early ‘90s, now streaming on our Night Flight Plus channel — is Charles Band’s take on Southern Gothic and New Orleans-flavored voodoo and certainly...
- Posted August 2, 2016
“SeedPeople” mixes love-triangle melodrama in with “The Outer Limits”-style alien invasion
Our contributor Mike Vanderbilt takes a look Full Moon’s SeedPeople — where the citizens of the sleepy little town of Comet Valley have been invaded by alien space plants intent on taking over the Earth by pollinating...
- Posted July 7, 2016
“Demonic Toys” features Satanism, witchcraft, creepy kids and a quartet of killer dolls
Contributor Mike Vanderbilt takes a closer look at Demonic Toys, one of the Full Moon titles now streaming on our Night Flight Plus channel. Full Moon main man Charles Band has always been obsessed with diminutive creatures...
- Posted June 13, 2016