- The Wu Tang Collection: The weirdest “Ku Fung Theater”-style mostly-Asian action flicks you’ll ever see
- “Salad Days”: Night Flight talks to filmmaker Scott Crawford about Washington D.C.’s ’80s punk scene
- Bullseye! Arrow Films’ exploitation, Italian horror, spaghetti westerns, drive-in sleaze & more, now on Night Flight Plus!
- “Dynaman”: Night Flight’s popular series featured rubber monsters, good looking Japanese teens, silly jokes, and cool pop music!
- “All Dolled Up”: Night Flight’s exclusive interview with director Bob Gruen about his New York Dolls documentary
- Something Weird: Read an exclusive excerpt from A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies
- “Junior High School”: The musical that found the high notes of your awkward hormone-driven years!
- “The Gumby Show”: America’s Favorite Clayboy is back again on Night Flight!
- Something Weird is happenin’ on Night Flight: Check out our classic cult, hippie & biker flicks, drive-in sleaze and exploitation movies!
- Night Flight brings you Italo-West from Wild East: Imported Spaghetti Westerns
All posts by Chris D.
Beyond Fest: Chris D says don’t miss Ken Russell’s X-rated, 108-minute version of “The Devils”
(Editor’s Note: Chris D wrote this post for us in 2015): It’s that time of year again – the American Cinematheque at the Egyptian’s Beyond Fest is just mere days away and begins on October 1 with...
- Posted September 28, 2015
“State of Siege”: The political thriller that followed “Z” for Costa-Gavras
Guest contributor Chris D tells us about the Costa Gavras film based on what had happened forty-five years ago, on July 31, 1970, in the South American country of Uruguay, when Dan Mitrione, an American who was...
- Posted July 30, 2015
“Branded To Kill” (“Koroshi No Rakuin”): Chris D. reviews a favorite Japanese yakuza film
Chris D. is the singer/songwriter of the bands The Flesh Eaters and Divine Horsemen. He is also an authority on Japanese film and the author of several books, so we asked him to tell us about one...
- Posted May 19, 2015